Saturday, January 24, 2009

REST

I finally have the time to actually write something. Back in JB now, for a week's break - Yeay! can be with Red! he's so big and cute...totaly adorable.

Okay..back to recapping what's been happening over the last month or so. Honestly,with all the things i've been doing over the last few weeks i feel i've grown so much internally as a person. My eyes and mind have been opened so many times to new things and new issues. I have loads to say and it's at times like these i wish Yana and Atem were here so we could have our long long hangouts.

Whether it's being involved in the Peduli Palestin campaign,managing the tutor programme, dealing with my Student Council duties or just the psychotic everyday ongoings of my friends, i feel blessed that i have the chance to do something meaningful in so many different avenues. Granted, i'm left with not much sleep most of the time and certain periods of crankiness but the satisfaction you get is priceless.

It overwhelms me sometimes the amount of knowledge there is out there and the amount of things i want to know and how time seems to be always running out. It reminds me of the verse in the Quran that says something along the likes of 'If you use all the water in the ocean as ink, you would still not be able to completely write down all the knowledge in the world'. At the moment, i have 5 books in my room, all about different matters ranging from religion to science. Sigh. Sometimes i wish i wasn't a medical student. Then i'd maybe have the time to actually sit down and read them properly. I don't even have the time to read fiction now, it has truly become a luxury.

But i'm not complaining. If my life wasn't this busy, I'd be bored and that'd be even worse.

Truly, i love how everything is right now. For a long time now, I've felt that a lot of things in my life have fallen in the right place. I have God to thank for that of course. I love the people around me, my friends and i love the changes I've seen in me.

Even the thing that i dislike the most in my life right now - having to study microbiology doesn't really stress me out that much. It's true the classes are boring and in reality i couldn't be bothered with half the things we're learning, and yes, i was at first disappointed with my assessment marks, but I've learned to take all these things in stride now. I take to heart now what Prof. Latif said - studying, memorizing, weekly assesments, things like these are just like bread and butterin a medical student's life. It's the other things you do at the same time like volunteer work, helping your peers, things that shape you to become a decent a huan being - those are the ones that really matter.

So i've become less of an academic centred person and i'm moving towards a more holistic, balanced one hopefully. I've been trying to do so for a while and i think i'm getting better at it. Alhamdullilah.

3 comments:

natto said...

bun!
long time no c!! how r u doing???
i found ur blog. finally! haha.. XD

NAB said...

nut!!! i noe!! last time i saw u mase maya's raye thing eh?? miss you loads!! esp our long talking sessions. how's life??

shash said...

hey nab. thanx for the so descriptive why i won jogathon thingy.. hehe.. sorry sgt, laen kali nk janji dgn i, ckp 15 minit awal.. like, kitaorg akan sampai 5 minit lagi.. padahal 2o minit lagi nk sampai.. one of the ways lah.hehe. unless ur prof hamdan , i'll be punctual!=) happy hols, ok.. tc!=)