Wednesday, May 13, 2009

About honey and bees

When i was in primary school, my mum bought a set of books about explaining about the life of bees, ants and other insects. I remember being intrigued by the one about bees. Certain bits of information about these honey making creatures that i can still remember till now are like how they have 5 eyes, how their wings flap more than 11,000 times per minute or how there were quite fastidious about cleanliness. And i found it crazy that they had to visit 2 million flowers to get a pound of honey.

Ever since i started my first year, i constantly have these 'wow' moments, where i'm just bowled over by the incredibleness of God's creations. Of course everywhere around us we're reminded of His greatness but it's a different sense of awareness when it is in regards to the human body, something that is happening inside us.

Recently i learnt that the heart doesn't feel pain. I had no idea about that before this. I learnt that it is through the orchestrated openings and closings of the ion channels that brings about the contraction of our heart. Amazing, ain't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - I am late for a meeting. But I will be released - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.

Anonymous said...

At all personal send today?