Friday, July 10, 2009

A lot has been said regarding the issue of PPSMI. Honestly, i didn't find too much fault with the decision. I've always felt the decision to teach Maths and Science in English earlier on wasn't really implemented that well, and from what i've observed, the level of English of the kids during that phase hasn't really improved that much.

I was part of the generation of students that learnt almost everything in BM. Did i have trouble coping with the sudden change of having to study in English when i entered Foundation. Nope, cause Alhamdullilah i had a good English background,I read loads of English books and i spent most of my time conversing in English.

So i think what's more crucial is improving the student's punye English language proficiency through a better teaching of the English language itself. If they have a good basic grasp of the language that it wouldn't be so much of a problem learning other stuff in English later on.

2 comments:

Amal Sharifiza said...

ZOMYGOSH, the piccy up there sgt comel, heks~

btw, your link to my blog is dead xD Will be fixing it soon. For now, please re-add my blog using this link

"http://feeds.feedburner.com/pink-crystal"

Thanks Nab. Pls reply to the fb msg asap! The climax is killllling me. Slowly. and painfully...

NAB said...

i dah reply llama! have fun reading :p