Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Here's to you, Yana!

This happens to be my third in a series of failed blogs. I've never been able to keep going with one. I'd have crazy bouts where i'd write post after post and then the next thing i know, i'm just malas. Hmm... does that say something about me? It probably does but let's not dwell on that. haha.

Anyway, i got a sms this morning from Yana telling me i should start a blog cause she's starting one and seeing as we never get to meet up and we catch each other online once in a blue moon, it seemed like the logical way of being able to be in the know about each other's doings. So... this first post is for you Yana Nut and i hope there will be many more after this.

I always lose track of what i want to write about on my blog. I'm not quite open to detailing my personal experinces so much...only to a certain extent so i find myself blogging on random subjects most of the time. We'll just see how it goes from here. I'm having my holidays now so i have loads of free time.

Going on... well, im starting my piano lessons tomorrow. I'm damn excited about it. I've always been into the piano. I love seeing people play them and i can get lost listening to them on my ipod. It's astounding to me how people create all these magical crazy blow your mind sounds just from the tips of their fingers. I guess that goes for any cool music i hear. Especially classical work. I mean, there's no lyrics and what not to go with it so everything lies on the notes. Ok yeah, im babbling here. Anyway, back to my story....i've somewhat always regretted stopping my piano learning somewhat halfway and it's been about 6 years when i last played a new song. But the thing is i've never been so into going for the exams and learning all that seeing as those certificates don't really mean anything to me( to offense to all you pianists out there). i've always just wanted to play.

So, my aim is to use this lessons to get back on track and to just learn to play some songs i like. I've printed sheet music for some tunes that i reli like. i've been trying out one. Aerith's theme frome final fantasy. i've never played that game but i love the composer's work. At first, looking at the notes and trying it out on the piano was a bit daunting. i've forgotten that i had to stretch my fingers a lot( especially since i don't have long ones), but i have to give myself a pat on the back for being able to get throught it.

hmm...also i've decided that at the end of each post i'll write a list based on my post. we'll seelah how far i can go with this.

So.... TOP 5 CLASSICAL COMPOSITIONS I LOVE
    1. Mozart - symphony No.25
    2. Vivaldi - Four Seasons
    3. Schubert - Serenade
    4. Pachelbel- Canon in D Major
    5. anything by Chopin

OK, signing off. Hopefully, i'll be coming back.

1 comment:

Yana Azhar said...

hey hey hey.. hehehe..
anw, i've linked ur blog to mine.