Friday, July 4, 2008

Rantings

Yeah, im blogging about J-drama again. Haha. Sorry, but I can’t help it. Usually if I was at college, or my sibs were here I would be ranting to them about it and talking to myself is something I reserve to more perplexing stuff. Yeah, I’m crazy. Anyway, whenever I watch these dramas I always think about the situations these dramas portray and think about how I would react to them if they actually happened around me or to me. I find that most of the times I tend to disagree with the endings given, especially when it comes to love stories. I’m not a big believer in perfectly happy ever after endings. Moving on, coincidentally the last 3 dramas I watched had the theme student-teacher relationship them. I didn’t purposely choose these dramas because of that mind you. Only one of them was exclusively about that, the other two had it as one of the subplots. So I was thing about it, and whether I was against this kind of relationship or not. I came to the conclusion that I think I would have a problem with the teacher having a r’ship with

The student while they were in school but I think I wouldn’t have a problem with them having a relationship after that student graduated. I just think having the whole relationship within the school system is wrong. And anyway if they really loved each other and all that they can wait right. While most people I’ve talked to it about have a problem about the age difference, that factor doesn’t bother me. It never really has I think. If you’re planning on finding your life partner or something why limit yourself to those only in a certain age group. You never know what you’re missing and age doesn’t depict accurately how a person is.

This is on a totally different note but I was going through videos at You Tube and I was watching some Japanese variety shows where various actors and artistes are featured. Their variety shows are so chaotic and I think they’re really good at building the artistes image in the sense that they make a point to show them being all goofy or making a fool of themselves which I think is a great publicity stunt because viewers will then find them endearing. I doubt thought that everything is genuine and I think there’s a lot of play acting involved. Like there’s this vid where one of the members of this J-pop group was reading out a letter to his members and it’s like all sentimental, and it’s about how he feels bad that he got hospitalized and sick at one time and he’s weeping on air. And like his members all crying too. And the viewers really lap it all up. I’m not trying to say that dude wasn’t sincere but why does he have to read it on air. I mean, can’t you just do it when you’re with your group? Does the whole world have to hear? That’s what I find real dodgy. But then again, it’s the entertainment world so what do you expect right?

Another thing is that I don’t understand why they choose to wear whatever it is they’re wearing when they’re performing. The costumes are really bad. Seriously. Most of the times, they’re all extremely flashy, glittery and there’s things or like bits of cloth hanging off them. They look like over-decorated Christmas trees. Maybe it’s the style over there – but I think anyone would find it to be a bit too much.

Conclusion: I have to much free time to be doing all this. Haix. I guess I’m trying to cram as much fluff into my brain before I start first year med and the crazy studying commences.

P.s: XJ! I was actually contemplating getting Coffee Prince that day but I decided that starting on Korean dramas would not be a good idea. I’d start watching to many of them. Do I have to mention A Kindred Spirit? Haha. And I still think the guys all look like girls.

No comments: